INVESTIGATION OF J WARD - ARARAT GAOL September 2007
What is now known as J Ward began as the Ararat Gaol in 1859 when it served as a goldfields prison. The gaol had it's own gallows at which three men were executed and their remains buried on site. In December 1886 the gaol building was proclaimed J Ward of the larger Ararat Lunatic Asylum. The new purpose was to house the criminally insane in high security, which it did between 1887 until 1989.
J Ward is now a tourist attraction and is brilliantly maintained and the exhibits expanded by the Friends of J Ward.
PANORAMA OF THE OLD KITCHEN Use mouse to move - and + to zoom in and out
During the September 2007 investigation the team took over 1156 digital photographs and 20 hours of video footage.
Here are a few of the pictures taken during the J Ward investigation.
Apart from the orb images which accompany many investigations there were some others which did pose a few questions.
Banging was reported, apparently in response to questions asked.