PANORAMA OF "THE CIRCLE" AT OLD GEELONG GAOL
Use mouse to move - and + to zoom in and out
The Old Geelong Gaol is located in Myers Street, Geelong, Vic., Australia.
The Gaol was built between 1849-1864 and remained in service until 1991, when it was the oldest inhabited gaol in Victoria. It was also the first to have electric lighting. Over the years areas of the gaol served as a convict gaol, girls industrial school, hospital gaol, army detention barracks and training gaol.
Reports from the gaol include male prisoners hearing the laughs, cries and screams of girls during the night - which some believe were those of the girls in the industrial school who had long since departed. Strange mists, noises and EMF fluctuations now seem to be the only regular nightly inhabitants!
View details of June 2007 Investigation
View on Map